22 November 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope that there is much in your life to give you a feeling of gratitude today - no matter where in the world you live.

I am very grateful for my super online friends, as well as the new friends I've made since we moved to the Eau Claire, WI, area. People here are just great and have been very kind to us.

It is very cold, but sunny here today - I'm thankful for that, as well as the wonderful animals for which we have the privilege of caring.



Next entry: Donkey Care 101 for Jessie, starring Eli.

I'm grateful for our 7 lb., organic, heritage Bourbon Red turkey raised by our good friends, Julie and Vince. (Visit their site to get info on how to brine a turkey for the juciest Thanksgiving feast ever, and to find out how to order this great goatsmilk soap as a holiday gift for your knitting pals! Hey, Dixie, I think you should carry this in your shop!)



I'm thankful that Jeff's knee surgery went well, that he's healing quickly. Having him home and underfoot for a week while I have to care for the animals on my own was driving me nuts, so we made a quick trip to Yellow Dog Knitting and Dixie and Cindi got him all set up.


Day One


Day Two

He's making good progres on his Rowan Harris Tweed scarf - and that's not the easiest yarn with which to learn to knit! N.B. - this yarn is from my stash. Dixie set him up with some lovely, beginner-friendly Drops Alaska, but Jeff decided he wanted to make a scarf instead of a hat as soon as he got home, and there wasn't enough Alaska for Mr. Change His Mind. So it's his own fault he's experiencing some sticks and splits and breaks every once in a while, but at least he's learning patience.

Jeff now says things like, "When I get to the end of this row," when I ask him to come and eat, or how he "tinked back a row to fix a mistake." I can't help but chuckle.

However, I'm sincerely worried that he'll soon surpass my feeble skills and be off and running on Dale of Norway sweaters in a month or two.



As usual, Max and Emma are not impressed.



They are, however, thankful for a warm place to snooze.

May your day be full of furry and fibery blessings, too.

P.S. If you're on Ravelry, you can find me as StasiaSpins.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Yay, Jeff, future member of Knitaholics Anonymous.

quiltparalegal said...

Happy Thanksgiving....looking good Jeff.

Sue from Eau Claire

Beth said...

Now that he knitting, that's just one step away from spinning!

Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. :)

Eileen said...

I love your blog. Your dog and cat are adorable too!

I'm in Appleton. My husband went to college in Eau Claire. He loved it there, says it's very beautiful. I've been there once or twice but it's been quite a few years so I don't remember what it's like there.

Nice to "meet" you!

yellowdogknitting said...

Nice job Jeff!! Stasia, I'd get him started making you some socks!!!

Dixie

Rosemary said...

Way to go Jeff! And I love the Packers sweatshirt! Next thing we know, David will be knitting too, and will not make so much noise about my stash. I can pretend, can't I?

D says Hi, too.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that Jeffers is doing ok.

Knitting! Who'da thunk it? Oh, gad: next will be the spindle then the wheel then the loom then converting one of the barns into an industrial fabric center endangering centuries-old factories in New England and sending entire families into rack and ruin with nothing to keep them warm and fed but the meager piece work commissioned from the Baron of Tuppinz Tweed & Twill, Inc.

This was a dodgy enterprise to introduce him to this, Stas. It will prove to have a bad end, I fear . . .

Hope you two had a splendid T-Day. Many Hogs & Quiches from KCMO!

~Der Geez von Tampadorf

Denise in Kent, WA said...

Trust me, Mike, any families in New England dependent on those centuries-old factories for their livelihood have long since been tossed out into the cold. :(

Kudos to Jeff on his knitting endeavors! Looks like he's off to a good start. I see he's getting ample supervision from Emma, Annie/Yoda and Max. Did Molly get the day off? LOL