10 January 2008

Good Knittin' TV...

I must be the last one to learn about the Jane Austen series that's going to start on PBS. But in case you also haven't heard... there it is.

I've been working on a sweater for Jeff, in the round, using Blackberry Ridge Woolen Mill's Bulky natural yarn. I've been watching Elizabeth Zimmermann DVDs while knitting it, and am learning some great tips. But the book I'm getting the specifics from is Ethnic Knitting Discovery. It is really handy.

I'm up to the armhole steek area now. I did a zigzag pattern on the chest - hope Jeff won't look like Charlie Brown when wearing it. I'm knitting it very densely, as it's meant to be a "barn sweater" and will have to hold up to lots of abuse. Pictures soon... I can't run upstairs to take one now as I've hurt my knee from wearing crappy rubber boots and slipping in the mud we now have from a recent thaw. The doctor thinks it'll heal up well if I wear some decent outdoor boots with ARCH SUPPORT. So, Zappos to the rescue, and they should be here today.

Other than that, I'm starting off the new year with a different medication to try to treat my FMS. It's still an off-label application, but the med "...has been submitted to the FDA for the management of FM,"* and I've heard great things about it - unlike the "other" one which is already approved for use with FMS but which only dulls your neurological system and knocks you out (not an optimum lifestyle for me!)

Jessie, I promise to get the donkey instructions up soon. Does it give you a hint to the answer of your question, "Are donkeys fun?", that I'm too busy trying to keep up with taking care of them to actually answer?

* Fibromyalgia AWARE, December 2007 - March 2008, page 10.

3 comments:

claudia said...

Happy New Year! I hope the new med does what you need it to.

Kary said...

HugZ to You Dear ONE!

Pamela said...

Ooh, it looks like you'll be getting the new Sense & Sensibility. I'm really enjoying it, but so sorry that it's only 3 episodes long. It finishes here tomorrow. Did you get Elizabeth Gaskell's Cranford?